The law firm of Hendren Andrae was founded in 1946 when John Hendren and Henry Andrae returned to Jefferson City following their service in the armed forces during World War II. Hendren, having served as the chief government prosecutor during the “Doolittle War Trials”, and Andrae met in Japan in 1945, and thereafter Andrae served on Hendren’s staff until their discharge. While working together, they agreed upon returning to Jefferson City to start a law practice.
Both men were active in Missouri politics throughout their career, Henry Andrae having served three terms as a Republican member of the Missouri House of Representatives and John Hendren having been Chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party for several years, including1948 when Missourian, Harry S. Truman, was elected President. Working together, they believed they could form and grow a law firm in the state capitol which, in addition to conventional legal services, would be in the position to provide effective representation on behalf of clients having matters before either the Missouri General Assembly or state government agencies.
Today this strong tradition continues with Hendren Andrae’s attorneys and staff dedicated to serving Missouri citizens’ legal and governmental needs.